Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day!

Just wanted to do a quick post to thank all of our men and women in uniform (past and present) who have served in the military.  I'm so grateful for all of you and never forget the sacrifices you make so that I can enjoy the freedoms I have and so that others can experience freedom for the first time.

I received another letter from my son in boot camp, and it put me in the mood to make another card to send him.  It's a quick and easy card based on a Christmas card we made at our last Stampin' Up hostess class.  Lisa Marie always finds us the cutest things to make, and they're always versatile enough to alter for different occasions.

I used the same patriotic paper that I had used for his send off.  I had some of the little stars left over and have been wondering how I was going to be able to use all of them up, but I think I might be able to in the cards I'm sending him.  The little square bling came from a lanyard that I bought at school in our school colors.  Our colors are blue and white (my favorite blue).  The jewels started to fall off so I decided to just use them in my crafting.  How convenient!  LOL!  It's actually the cheapest bling I've ever bought, and I'm thinking of buying a couple more lanyards just to use in crafting.  Always looking for a bargain!  :)

Here it is.  I hope you like it!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment