Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quick and Easy Gift Idea

These are inspired by a project we did in a Stampin' Up! hostess class with Lisa Marie.  I had some paper from Walmart I wasn't sure what I wanted to with.  I do that a lot.  I see cute paper and buy it in case I find a project that would be perfect for it.  :)  Am I alone in this?  I hope not.

Anyway, this is a great project for those times when you need a quick and easy gift.  I made one for the daughter of our grade level chair.  She was in the 2nd grade, I think, and she came to my room during a teacher planning day and helped me with classroom organization that needed to be taken care of.  

A great tutorial on this project can be found at Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts.

Here is the brightly colored oneI have not embellished the cards yet or stamped any kind of sentiment.  I haven't decided what I want to do yet.  I'm thinking I'm going to just add some bling and leave it sentiment-free so whoever I give it to can make it into whatever they need it to be.  I used the same paper to make the envelopes so that they coordinate.  I love the bright colors!








The black and cream looks elegant (it's even better in person, let me tell you).  I made four of the same card.  That's why there's only one picture of the card.  The envelopes for that one are just like the ones I made for my last post so no picture.  Hope that's okay.  :)

 You can't tell it, but the ribbon that it hangs from is a cream grosgrain.  Sorry about that. 

By the way, the 6 x 6 page protectors are no longer available from Stampin' Up!, but one of the ladies in my scrapbook group used regular 8.5 x 11 and just cut them down to 6 inches in height.  I've also see them done with 8 x 8 and cut down to 6 inches in height.  This is one of those projects that there are no rules for.  You use what you can find and make it work.  I love those kinds of projects!  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment