Sunday, November 18, 2012

Simple Birthday Card for Father-in-law

Hey, everyone!  I wanted to share a cute little card I just did for my father-in-law's birthday.  He'll be 81!  He's just a lively and energetic as a 60 year old, though.  LOL!

It's hard for me to make cards for men, because I love cute, lacy, flowery, butterfly-y kinds of things and men don't typically go for that.  Go figure.  Well, their loss.  Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time, because we took a trip over to where my oldest son lives this afternoon, which is about an hour and a half away.  As soon as we got home this evening, I got to work, and this is what I came up with.  I hope you like it.  I hope HE likes it!  :)
 


The paper is Whisper White from Stampin' Up! and the patterned paper is one of their old basic designer paper sets that has been discontinued.  You could do it with just about anything, though.  I couldn't find my Chocolate Chip ink and was too lazy to get my Stampin' Marker out so I used my walnut distress ink pad to stamp the sentiment, which was also from Stampin' Up! The punch I used for the sentiment is the decorative label punch.  I punched it in the brown designer paper and in Whisper White.  The brown piece I cut in half long-ways and then trimmed off the little points on the ends.  Then I glued it off-center so it would give a little bit of a shadow effect.  It probably would have been better if I had not put brown on brown, but I think it's still looks pretty cute.  I don't think my father-in-law is going to quibble over that.  ;)
  
This is the punch I got from Hobby Lobby last week (on sale 40% off, OH YEAH!).  Isn't it cool!  It's what I used to make the lattice border on the card.  I tried it out on some gold foil paper when I got home with it the other day, it was GORGEOUS.  I foresee a card with that paper in the future.  I can hardly wait!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment