Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So Excited About This Card!

I've had this card in my mind for several weeks now, but I wasn't sure if it would turn out the way I wanted to so I procrastinated.  I gave myself permission to just go for it and if it didn't turn out it would be okay.  I have to do that for myself sometimes, because I'm a perfectionist and will drive myself to distraction to get something right.

Anyway, turns out I didn't need permission to accept that it might not work out, because it worked out just like I had hoped.  Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

 
The background was printed from a photo file I got from Google after searching for "marines digi camo."  I placed it on my mat in eCAL and set it to cut the mat size I wanted.  The "dog tags" I printed the words in reverse on the back side of silver paper and then cut them out.  Then I used my scoring tool to trace the words so that they would 'pop' out on the front side.  I cut out the black as shadow layers larger and smaller than the silver and then did back minus the front to have a cut-out space.

If you have SCAL or eCAL, you understood all of that.  If not, you need to get it.  It's awesome!  It will rock your world!  I kid you not.  I mean, look at the proof.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment