Wednesday, December 5, 2012

You Only Live Once Card

Another quick post just to show my latest card to my youngest at boot camp.  It's based on a cute birthday card with frogs that we did at our Stampin' Up! hostess party last night.  I really like how it turned out.


I used Kraft from a paper pack I got from Michael's a long time ago and Night of Navy from Stampin' Up!  The stars and patriotic paper are left over from his send off back in September.  I used the decorative label punch for the sentiment, which is from a set called "Fifth Avenue Floral."   You wouldn't think a flowery set would be the one to go with for a marine recruit, but the sentiment goes perfectly with how I raised him and his desire to succeed in this endeavor.  

I used a cheap pair of zigzag scissors that I got from Michael's years ago to cut the border under the stars.  The scissors did not like the thick Stampin' Up! cardstock and you can see that's it's a little bit of a rough cut, but I actually like it better that way.  It looks distressed and goes perfectly with the "tone" with the Kraft paper and other dark colors and ink distressed edges.  It's even better in person.  I hope he likes it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment