Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Card for the Recruit


The inspiration for this card came straight from Robin at My Pink Stamper.  She posted a video for the cutest card the other day, and I was just so excited to make one myself.  I don't have the Cricut cartridge she used, and it was going to be about $30.00 to buy it (not the time of the year for extra stuff like that) so I looked through the ones I already had.  I found this cute little birdy on my Create a Critter cartridge, which I have NEVER used but just HAD to have.  I actually have a lot of cartridges that fall into that category.  I really need to start using more of my stuff.  I don't even know what I have!



Isn't he just the cutest thing?  I used Night of Navy from Stampin' Up! for his body with a brown I got from Michael's during one of their 8 sheets for $1.00 sales.  The yellow came from Hobby Lobby and the patterned papers are scraps that I've been using for all of his cards (leftover from the sendoff back in September).  I drew a little 'glint' in his eye, because it seemed so plain.  The ribbon is 1/4" grosgrain from Stampin' Up! in Chocolate Chip.


I don't have any of Robin's stamp sets (sniff sniff).  I never could decide which one I wanted to start my collection with.  Then she announced her retirement and it was at a bad financial time for me.  By the time I could get any, all the ones I wanted were sold out everywhere.  Ah, well.  I can take the same ideas and use my Eclips (Which I named Soleil MoonI know.  By the way, I named my Cricut Jiminy and my Samsung Galaxy is named Andromeda.) to draw the words for me.  Zoomed in, it doesn't look very clear and pretty, but you can't tell it by just looking at the card.  I used my Night of Navy stampin' markers.  The Eclips drew the trace-line, which it wasn't supposed to do.  I filled it in after.  I'll be playing around tomorrow to find out why it did the outline when I asked it to just do the 'fill'.

Overall, I really like it.  :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment